Online gambling exploded in New Jersey in 2013, when legislation was passed allowing in-state gambling. A mere 5 years later, the state lodged and won a lawsuit that took apart the monopoly Nevada had on sports betting, and since then they have only grown in online revenue and popularity. This includes Atlantic City and the New Jersey Lottery.
The stats speak for themselves. As of the end of November 2021, New Jersey made gambling and sports betting history, becoming the first state to make over $1 billion in profit in a single month – and this is true for September and October as well. Sportsbooks alone produced $114.4 million in income in November, showing an increase of 26%, whilst online casinos in the state made $118 million from poker and gaming alone.
It’s clear to see the digital sphere of New Jersey gambling is doing better than ever, despite a global pandemic and lockdown. That then beggars the question: So what is the top NJ online casinos list? We will list which ones are considered the best, how they are picked and what to look for in a reputable site in this article.
How Are New Jersey Online Gambling Sites Picked?
Careful consideration and evaluation go into deciding what makes a great site for players. We’ve narrowed it down to five main things:
- Appealing Bonus Offers – these are freely available to first-time customers and those who play regularly, but it’s important to know which sites offer the best bonuses, whether there are deposit bonuses and how does being a loyal player or a high roller benefit you?
- Variety of Games – sites need to have many options to keep players entertained and coming back for more; from slots to table games to sportsbooks – they must cater for all tastes. It’s even better if there are progressive jackpots and the odds favor the player more than the house.
- Customer care and Security – every site must have a quick turnaround time when it comes to customer support, and should have numerous ways that a player can get a hold of them; after all; it is your money that’s on the line. You also need to make sure any site you bet on is licensed, regulated, and monitored by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Depositing and Withdrawing – anything involving funds should be easy, convenient and as risk-free as possible. This means having an array of options available, such as e-wallets (Paypal and Neteller), debit and credit cards, and even cryptocurrency choices.
- Mobile Apps – in this day and age, people want options to play on the go. Thus, mobile apps have to be user-friendly, quick, and easy.
What Should You Look For As A Player?
Similarly, some research will also be required from a potential customer, as you want to know exactly how you can wager your money and on what. We recommend checking out the games available that interest you and if sports is your thing, what kinds of sports are available to wager on and what the odds are for them. You can be certain that any sportsbook in New Jersey will definitely have football if you are a fan!
Security at most NJ online betting sites is of the highest quality, as it should be when it comes to their money and yours. Make sure there is always a lock symbol in the browser and you have a strong password. Casino software also contributes not just to the safety aspect, but also to how appealing and user-friendly the site is, so keep an eye out for developers like Evolution Gaming and NetEnt.
A-List Of The Top New Jersey Providers
These are all premium sites that go above and beyond the criteria we have discussed, and are worth checking out next time you are feeling lucky. They are:
- 888 Casino
- Sugar House Online Casino
And it just keeps getting better. As of January 2022, Esports Entertainment Group has been given the go-ahead by New Jersey’s Division of Gaming Enforcement to allow patrons to wager on esports -making it the first in the Garden State. So, if video games are more your style, there’s even an opportunity to do that.
With so much to choose from, it’s no wonder New Jersey is the top betting state in America and from the looks of things, 2022 is going to be an even bigger year for the digital sports and casino wagering world.