Debbie O Reilly
- 95.00% funded
- € 1,425.00 pledged
- 0 Days Left
Hello, my name is Debbie O’ Reilly from Galway. I am a successful competitive athlete in Amateur Boxing and Powerlifting in Ireland.
I have a keen interest in sport and have competed in various sporting events from a young age until I found my love for amateur boxing in 2010.
More recently through my strength and conditioning program I discovered that I have a natural ability to lift heavy weights. On the 14th of April 2014 I competed in the National Powerlifting Championships where I qualified for both European and World championships in Belfast and Moldova. On the 10th May 2014 I won a European silver medal for Ireland at the European Powerlifting Championships.
Powerlifting comprises of 3 lifts: Bench Press, Deadlift and Squat.
My Achievements in Boxing
– Current National Elite Senior Boxer IABA (Irish Amateur Boxing Association)
– First and current female elite senior boxer for Galway.
– National Boxing All Ireland Champion November 2013
– International Boxing match against commonwealth games athlete and Olympian hopeful London May 2014
Upcoming events in Boxing
– Several boxing tournaments throughout the year.
– Prestigious Celtic box cup (International tournament)
– International Boxing contests abroad
– My aim is to win the National Elite Senior Boxing Championships 2015 and progress to the European & World Championships with the Irish Team.
Powerlifting IDFPA (Irish Drug Free Powerlifting Association) Achievements & Upcoming events
– National Powerliftng Championships April 2014
– European Silver medal for Ireland at the European powerlifting championships.
– World Powerlifting Championships Moldova (November 2014)
I train full time on top of a job as a Paramedic in Galway. I commit 100% of my free time to training in Powerlifting and Boxing and see a bright future in both sports with continued commitment. Unfortunately these are both amateur sports I am competing in and there are no grants to help me reach my full potential so I can go no further without some help.
My aim is to raise €1,500 to cover my travel, competition, training & equipment expenses.
I want to represent my country at the highest level and I believe I can bring a world gold medal back to Ireland and hopefully break a world record along the way.
I would be forever grateful for any sponsorship so I can continue to pursue my dreams.